Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sleek Makeup - iDivine Ultra Matte Palettes.

Hello Beauties! This post features the new Ultra Matte palettes from Sleek Makeup. Initially I was not going to post about these because the Sleek Makeup website states that because of FDA regulations these palettes cannot be shipped to the US. I was really looking forward to these palettes and was really bummed when I found that out.

Luckily a fellow beauty blogger knew someone who was willing to get these and ship them here for us. I decided to do this post because I know that if you live in the US you can find these on Ebay and maybe this post can help you decide if it's worth paying the marked up prices they have on there.

(I took photos before I swatched them and somehow those got erased, please forgive the post-swatched photos)

Sleek Makeup iDivine Ultra Matte Palettes





Ultra Matte V2 Dark

Ultra Matte V1 Bright


Availability: Sleek Makeup website, UK drugs stores, Ebay
Price: $10.99
Amount: 12 x 1.1g
Finish: Pure matte

Swatches


Ultra Matte V2 Dark



Initial thoughts:
I truly love matte eye shadows but I also know the struggle that comes along with them. These are no different. The bright palette was fairly difficult to swatch. There are a few hits (like the purple and the grey). Some are magnificently pigmented (like the pinks and the blue). I also noticed that to two pink shades are really close to each other. I don't think there's a need for two shadows that close in color in one palette.

The dark palette is way more pigmented than the bright. Most of the swatches are only one swipe. Oddly I found in the dark palette the black to be the least pigmented and Sleek has a Matte black in most (if not all) of their other palettes and it is insanely pigmented. 

I will say that I'm happy that I was able to get these palettes (a huge thanks to all that helped :) ). I plan on doing a few looks using these so be on the look out for those.

Please leave your thoughts or any questions in the comments below. Thanks so much for reading!

XOXO Brittany


3 comments:

  1. I love the Dark Palette so much!
    Can't wait to get my hands on one!
    Lovely blog!
    I would love if you checked out my blog & followed if you likey
    Tolu from Fashinate Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O and u didn't let a sista know how to get these?! dangggg Britt lmao! jk, these look really nice tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo. V2 is gorgeous! I need these!

    ReplyDelete